Ms. Gill suffered a minor head injury & minor soft tissue injuries as a result of her car accident & experienced headaches and dizziness.
On July 29, 2016, Mr. Justice Sigurdson decided that:
- Ms. G’s head injury was “at the less serious end of the spectrum”,
- Any related symptoms had resolved prior to her trial &
- Any of her ongoing memory or concentration issues were related to the stresses of running a busy household with 4 young children rather than to her quite minor concussion.
The judge did accept that the consequences of Ms. G’s minor head injury (mainly headaches & dizziness) had for a year and a half to two years impacted her enjoyment of her family & the pleasure of caring for her children.
He then awarded her $80,000 for the pain & suffering category of her award even though her head injury had resolved.
- Brain Injuries. Questions & Answers at:
- Pain & Suffering. Questions & Answers at:
- and the reasons for judgment of this case:
- Gill v. McChesney 2016 BCSC 1416